No occasion is complete without a sumptuous cake to celebrate the occasion. Savoring the cake on a special occasion is a must. Regardless of age, every individual at a party looks forward to relishing the cake. Cakes are one of the best ways to add on a celebration as it ends up keeping the attendees hooked till the cake cutting is complete.
Cakes nowadays are not only limited to birthday celebrations but are the most integral part of any occasion in the family. They tend to add an amazing flavor to any celebration. You can order cakes online to enjoy an occasion hassle free and to add on for an amazing evening. It wouldn’t be surprising to know fellas, but Red velvet is one of the most famous and the go-to cake for adding that charm to any celebration. It tends to be one of the most loved cakes, by everybody and is usually under high demand for various occasions. Read on to find out how to bake an amazingly delicious red velvet cake at home with minimal efforts.
The most important thing in baking are the ingredients that would be used.
The key ingredients to be used in a red velvet cake are:
- Baking pans of appropriate size
- 2 ½ cups or 350 grams of cake flour (Preferably all-purpose flour)
- 2 ½ tablespoon red food coloring (Preferably in liquid state)
- ½ cup or 120 grams of Butter (Preferably unsalted)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil/ cooking oil
- Souring cream
- 1 ½ cups or 300 grams of fine or granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs (Can be avoided for an eggless red velvet)
- 1 tablespoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon Cocoa powder for dusting
- 2 tablespoon or 10 ml of pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
Ingredients for the delicious cheese frosting:
- ½ cup or 120 grams of unsalted butter.
- 2 tablespoons of pure vanilla extract
- 400 grams of cream cheese at room temperature
- 3 cups of confectioners or icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (Optional)
Now let’s follow-on to know an amazing recipe:
- Preheat your Oven at 350°F or 175°C. Make sure that you grease your cake pans appropriately with butter or the vegetable or cooking oil appropriately and dust the inner side of the entire pan with 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder.
- In another pan whisk cream, butter, and the granulated sugar together until it lightens up in color.
- Add the eggs one by one beating well after every small addition. Do wait for the mixture to turn extremely smooth and keep beating till the constituents are mixed appropriately.
- In another spare bowl, mix the remaining 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, red food coloring, vegetable or cooking oil and vanilla extract. Mix the contents to obtain a smooth mixture.
- Mix the whisked contents i.e. the cream and sugar mixture along with the red food coloring liquid mixture.
- In another bowl, mix the cake flour (All purpose), baking soda and salt. After this dry mix becomes uniform, make sure to add the wet ingredients we prepared in the first place. Do remember to add the contents by increments so that there is no lump formation in our red velvet.
- After the entire red velvet mix is ready, transfer it into the greased pan and land it into the oven and bake it for about 25 to 30 minutes. To check if the cake is baked completely after the stipulated time, insert a toothpick through the entire length and remove it after counting for about 5 seconds. If the toothpick comes out to be clean free of any cake debris, our heavenly red velvet is ready for plating. Let’s leave it aside preferably on a rack for complete cooling.
Now let’s jump on to preparing our frosting for the cake:
- In a glass bowl mix together, unsalted butter, cream cheese and vanilla extract until smooth in consistency. Beat the ingredients well till their color lightens up a bit around 3 to 5 minutes. You can also take help of a blender if manual mixing is cumbersome.
- Pour in the icing sugar into the mix and beat until the frosting becomes fluffy and light. In case you did not end up with the desired consistency try adding in more icing sugar and beat again, and Voila! Here you go!
Assembling and delightful and mouth-watering Red Velvet:
- Transfer the cooled cake onto a serving plate. In case the surface appears a little uneven we can trim the dome of the cake, to make it a flat surface.
- Add the frosting scoop by scoop and spread it evenly on the cake.
- Add other decorative as per your choice like the icing sugar, cocoa powder, fresh berries etc to make your red velvet look heavenly and extremely attractive.
Ladies and gentlemen, ready to relish?