Okay, so, honestly speaking, I don’t like kids, and neither do they like me. It is mutual. Two weeks ago, it was my niece’s 7th birthday. Oh! What a pampered girl she is. Well, my sister started planning to throw a “GRAND” surprise birthday party a month before her birthday (Ahh, that pissed me off because she never did that for me). So, everything was done as per my sister’s plan. From planning a perfect birthday theme, which was Harry Potter (guess who suggested the theme?) to plan for a Barbie doll cake for her, she did it all. But God had other plans for me. A day before my niece’s birthday, my sister had to fly to another state for an urgent business meeting with her clients. However, it was a sign of relief for each one of us when my sister informed me that she would return before the birthday party starts.
Now, here’s when the story gets interesting!!
My sister’s master plan for my niece’s birthday was to prepare a handmade Barbie doll cake. So, naturally, her business trip had already blighted her many plans, baking a barbie doll cake was one of them. I suggested my sister, order a Barbie doll cake online since there are many top-notch online portals which deliver delectable cakes at your doorsteps. She almost agreed to my plan when my niece started cribbing since she wanted a home-baked barbie doll cake. Believe me, when I was her age, I was only interested in eating my birthday cake, be it homemade or from a bakery. So, now the responsibility of baking her birthday cake fell on my shoulders. Did I mention that I am a terrible, terrible chef, and I almost set my house on fire the last time, I tried baking a strawberry chocolate eggless cake? So, that accounts for my nervousness. I couldn’t say no to my sister and browsed through my sister’s food journal, and of course, the internet helped a lot. Next morning, I wished my niece a very happy birthday and got her ready for school.
I set off for the mission “cake baking” as soon as my niece left for the school. I pulled out my apron, gloves, and all the required ingredients. I followed every single step patiently and also, made some blunders (but don’t tell my sister about them), but anyhow, I completed the Barbie cake alive. I couldn’t believe my eyes and my hands that how did I pull off such a gorgeous barbie doll cake. Later that day, my sister landed back home before the party, checked all the arrangements at least 5 times in a row. I must say she was pretty much impressed by my work. Soon, the guests started arriving.
Now, it was time to unravel my niece’s Barbie doll birthday cake. She was so overwhelmed that she was left in tears, and refused from cutting the cake since she did not want to spoil the beautiful Barbie. Anyhow, everything was done right and everyone loved the cake. Pheww!! I finally breathe a sigh of relief. I always knew that I could never bear children but seeing my niece’s happiness on getting her desired birthday cake, gave me an uncanny satisfaction and peace.
So, I decided to share the recipe of the Barbie doll birthday cake that I referred to, and which ultimately became the showstopper of the birthday celebration.
- 1 cup of water
- 18 ounce box of cake mix
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 tablespoon candy sprinkles
- 3 eggs
- 2 cans of frosting
Steps To Follow:
- The foremost step is to purchase a Barbie doll.
- Now, preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a metal mixing bowl and add 1 cup of water, 3 eggs, ⅓ cup oil, and required cake mix. Stir well the mixture for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the cake mix into the metal mixing bowl. Insert a toothpick in the batter. Let it bake for 50-60 minutes till the toothpick penetrated comes out clean.
- Before inverting onto the cake tray, let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Now, leave the cake for 3 hours to cool completely before you jump onto the frosting segment.
- Here comes the most exciting yet scary part. Decorate the barbie’s dress and the final touch up. The task may seem very exciting and fun, but at the same time, it should be done with utmost caution.
- Place the barbie’s legs carefully in the middle of the cake. Now use the remaining frosting to cover the barbie’s dress.
I hope you all enjoy the treat!! Also, at Winni, we possess a vast collection of cakes, which includes cartoon cakes, designer cakes, photo cakes, barbie cake, etc. The products we offer to our customers are of high-end quality and lip-smacking taste. Get your online cake order at your doorstep, as we provide services in many cities of India.