The money plant is considered the most auspicious indoor plant in every Indian household. Everyone thinks of ways and means to grow money plant faster to have that aesthetic look within their homes. If you are also wondering how to grow money plants faster, you just landed on the right page. As the name suggests, money plants are believed to bring financial stability, prosperity, and wealth. Besides purifying air, they also eliminate negative vibes and attract positive vibes to the place, says Vaastu experts. To avail the most of its benefit, keep your money planted in the southeast direction or at the north entrance of your house.
As far as growth is concerned, you can grow your money plant in water, soil, or pot. The former is the fastest way. Whatever you may choose, here’s how you can take good care of your money plant.
Growing a money plant in Water – The fastest way
If you are looking for how to grow your money plant faster, water is the right way. Growing money plants in water is a great method to purify the air, reduce stress, and bring good luck to your home. Besides, It is super easy to care for. You can grow money plants in water bottles or glass bottles by doing the following
How to grow Money Plants faster in Water?
- Take a glass jar and place the money plant stem cutting inside.
- Fill the jar with fresh water at room temperature.
- Place the glass bottle in your desired location. Just make sure it receives bright indirect sunlight.
- The roots will appear within a couple of weeks. To promote its better growth, you can also use fertilizers.
- Now that you can see the healthy roots, your money plant is ready to shift to a pot.
Also, there are a few things that you can easily look after to make your money plant grow faster.
- Change the money plant water once a week for a fresh flow of oxygen.
- If possible, mix fertilizer in the water every 4 weeks for faster growth.
- DO NOT keep your money plant in direct sunlight as it may damage the leaves.
- Prune and trim the plant where there are yellow/ dead leaves or multiple branches.
Conditioning the soil for faster growth of money plant
Now that your money plant has caught its roots in water, it’s ready to grow faster in soil and climb your walls. However, before transferring your money plant from a glass jar to a potted mix, ensure a couple of things:
- Size: Pick the right size of the pot. For a houseplant, a 6-12-inches pot will do the job right
- Drainage system: A pot should have a good drainage system i.e.; a big hole at the bottom center or small holes all over at the bottom.
After picking up the right money plant stand, this is how to grow the plant in soil.
How to grow Money Plants faster in soil?
- Place the money plant at the center of the pot and push it to the bottom, making sure it goes straight.
- Select a good soil mixture that allows drainage and harden it from the base to the top to cover the roots.
- You can also add fertilizers for the healthy and fast growth of money plants. However, this step is not necessary.
- Do not forget to put a stick in the pot alongside the plant so that the stems can climb.
Getting the money plant on fast track growth in a pot
After your money plant is in a good pot mix, it’s time to put it in the fast-track growth. If you want to grow your money plant faster and healthier, here are a few simple tips that you need to follow.
- Water the soil once every week in summer and every couple of weeks in winter.
- Before watering, ensure that the soil is a bit dry as overwatering may kill your money plant.
- Again, keep your plant in an area where it can receive bright indirect sunlight. Although, they also adapt to lower light conditions in winter.
- Trim any unhealthy/ yellow leave and or irregular steam that seems to stop growing.
- If your money plant grows bigger, shift it into a bigger pot to give space to its roots.
Track your money plant’s fast growth with these apps
If you are a new plant parent, there’s a possibility that you are not familiar with certain duties and responsibilities. But Don’t worry, technology has got your back this time as well. Certain mobile apps can guide you to grow your plant faster and healthier. These apps guide you to nurture your plants properly by identifying them, reminding you of the watering time, light requirement, and more. Here are the best three applications.
Best reviews: Planta
Planta is the best-reviewed app for maintaining plants with an average of 4.8-star rating. The beautiful UI of the app makes it easy to experience the recommendations. The free version of the app will tell you plants you can buy based on the environment or you can log in to the plants that are already available. Afterward, it will send water reminders with detailed methods, and keep track of light intensity.
On the other hand, premium users also get access to Dr. Planta for any plant-related assistance. The other deluxe features include a light meter, instructions for fertilizing, misting, repotting, and pruning along with guides and articles.
Best Free: Vera
Vera is your empty plant dairy which is absolutely free for all users. While it does not recommend you to do stuff, you can create an account and enter your existing schedule and it will remind you the next time. To be more precise, you have to click a picture of your plant, mention its location, and the instructions you’ve been following so far. Thereafter, you can log in the caring activities like watering, fertilizing, repotting, and more. Based on that, Vera will remind you the next time to do so with push notifications.
Best Information: Blossom
Blossom is one of the most versatile plant apps with a wide range of information, even for your outdoor garden. You can identify your plant in-app or directly search from its database. You can then see its light, soil, water, temperature, and other preferences. Like other apps, you can enable notifications for watering and fertilizing under the ‘reminder’ tab. In addition, the ‘my garden’ tab will give you quick access to your plant’s information.