- Plant height: 4 - 8 inches
- Plant spread: 4 - 8 inches
Money plant has large, glossy, heart-shaped leaves of green marbled with cream colored. It required training up a totem pole or grow in a hanging basket. Also, you can decorate the pot to best display its attractive foliage. The leathery, shiny-surface, heart-shaped leaves are arranged alternately.
It is believed that the money plant brings good luck, prosperity, happiness and wealth. So, it is one of the most beautiful gifts.
- Common name(s): Money plant, Scindapsus
- Max reachable height: Up to 20 m
- Difficulty to grow: Easy to grow
Planting and care
You can plant it anytime and in any season with great ease. You just have to cut a stem from the parent plant and plant it where ever you want. You can plant it anywhere whether in soil or in water. You can plant it in your garden as well as in your house. The best part about this plant is that you can plant it just by cutting a part of the already grown money plant. If you are planting it in soil then make a hole in the soil and plant it. If you are planting it as an indoor plant in a glass jar or bottle and you want to plant it in water then fill the bottle more than half and plant it.
- Sunlight: Partial sunlight
- Soil: Well-drained soil
- Water: Moderately
- Temperature: 20 to 30 degrees C
- Fertilizer: Use any organic fertilizer
Caring for Green Money Plant for Prosperity
- Money plants do not need much care if you do not overdo anything like sunlight, water, and fertilizers.
- Can start planting your money plant in any season anytime.
- Money plant can grow in both direct and indirect sunlight.
- Too much direct sunlight can turn the leaves yellow and even burn them.
- Watering should be done early in the morning if the soil feels dry to touch.
- Re-pot the plant in the spring season in the fresh potting mix.
Typical uses of Green Money Plant for Prosperity
Special features: You can grow this as an indoor or outdoor plant. Keep a stem of money plant in a bottle of water and decorate indoor or outdoor.
Ornamental use: This plant is used as an ornamental purpose.